Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Holidays and Rememberances

Howdy again folks. The holidays are fast approaching, and as usual, I'm behind on everything! I never seem to get my shopping done when I need too! Things here on the farm are rolling along just fine. Hunter has a new pup, he's a chiweenie named Cowboy. Poor Lucy ( the cat) is pretty upset about it too. You know how princesses are! lol! She was playing in a plastic bag in the kitchen the other evening, and it wasn't long Hunter and I got passed by a Siamese streak. That cat was traveling so fast, I don't even think her paws were touching the floor. The hand loop of the bag she was paying with got looped around her tail. That poor cat made a loop or 2 through the house before the bag came off. Hunter and I were laughing at her too hard to do anything else. Theres never a dull moment around here!
Well my holiday cooking will start soon. I'm not sure if my being a good cook is a blessing or a curse, but i get so many requests during the holidays its hard to keep up! Of course I get to do the pies again this year and so far i have at least 8 to do. I'm going to make some diabetic peanut butter cookies I found a recipe for, being my dad and sister are diabetic. I also get to do potato salad, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sausage balls, and I'm sure I may get a request for my raging Cajun chili ! Honestly though, I love to cook. My grandma and I were a pretty good team, and if not for her i wouldn't be near the cook I am today. That's when i miss her the most, when it gets time to start cooking for thanksgiving, and Christmas. Mikey also misses his mom alot this time of year. There are so many things he wishes she had lived to see, the kids especially, and I know that he wishes he could just tell her that he loves her one more time. She had cancer, and passed away when Mikey was 18. I have to admit she raised a fine man. I never got to meet her, but i love her for that. She raised the wonderful man I'm married to.
Well folks I want to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving! May peace and love be with you and your family!

No comments: