Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Young Ladies And Gentlemen

What in this world has come over these young ladies, and gentlemen in this day and time? I was bad, i was a teen that drank and partied, and had sex occasionally , but even then I just don't understand these teens today. Are these things just the in thing to do.? I know some teens do not have any moral guidance at home, but what about the kids that do? Whats their angle? Are these kids just that desperate to be in the in crowd, or is it that they feel they need to do that hoping that they will find love? Sex isn't love, its no where near it. By giving someone sex it gives them a freebie, not the feelings of love that some hope to find. I just hate to see these kids follow a bad path that I took years ago. I have seen first hand how some of the consequences of the fun turn out....It aint pretty. Now there are so many things that are out there that are so harmful. People that take advantage of other people, and don't get me started on the drugs and alcohol. ...And stds, come on now what about hiv and aids. they are out there. These teens just don't see it. Theres teen pregnancy too. I know every child put on this earth is a gift, but you can't tell me this gift is right for 13 and 14 year old girls, and to think that there are even parents that condone it. so where does that leave me . I have a soon to be 13 year old step daughter. Shes a smart girl and has a good head on her shoulders, but what do we do when the one comes along that can talk the panties off a nun...What then? And my son, he will be six soon. How in the hell am i supposed to teach him responsibility, and not to take advantage of girls, that may seem to be willing to go all the way. How in this day can you teach a boy to respect women, when everyone else proves to their kids by example that using others is ok. I'm scared to death to see what I will have to deal with when my son gets to be a teen, and I pray that somewhere along the way I can teach him not to be a prick like some of these other young men have been let to become.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Girl, I ask myself this question often. How to handle my girls when they reach teenage years? What do I tell them? How do I guide them? I pray even now for God to give me the wisdom to handle these questions and the many others that will arise with all the right answers.